kwik · nuhs
The ability to move all or part of the body as quickly as possible. This goes with your reaction timing as well.
Anything that requires increasing your speed from standing to sprinting as fast as possible will increase your skill for quickness.
Quickness is associated with reaction timing. So moving fast based on your reaction can help you from thinking quick and instinctually. After reacting, you will also have quicker movements. Great sports examples are saving soccer shots as a goal keeper or stealing a pass in basketball.
- Avoid a poor diet because that can cause your body to become more sluggish, therefore, your reaction will become slower.
- Avoid slow and predictable exercises. In order to become quick, you must be able to have faster reaction times.
- Avoid long distance exercises because it prevents you from making multiple movements.
- You’ll be able to have better alertness in your daily activities.
- You’ll be quicker than your peers. You can turn in different directions which gives you the ability to juke opponents or maneuver around obstacles quicker. This is very noticeable in football.
- You’ll have a better reaction time. When you are stuck in a situation, you’ll be able to respond within a short amount of time.