pay · shns
The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without expressing emotion.
A lot of what it takes to build this skill is accepting your circumstances and being realistic with your goals. Knowing that the outcome will take time to get there is a start. Many people tend to give up on their goals because they feel no sense of progression or lacking the patience to keep going. Always acknowledge your progress from your past to present in order to see a difference in your progress.
The benefits for being patient when it comes to fitness or nutrition is being able to keep moving forward and wait for large-scale results later down your lifetime. Being able to be patient means you are not willing to give up.
- Avoid having too high of expectations for people because people most likely are not going to meet them and that can cause you to be waiting for a long time with something outside your control.
- Avoid always living a fast-paced life. With a fast-paced life you will constantly want things instantly which makes you want to give up easier.
- Avoid working against habit, trying to do something you are not used to.
- You’ll be able to accept more setbacks in life, which can help you to enjoy life more.
- You’ll be able to wait for the good things to come (As long as you put in the effort), instead of wanting instant gratification.
- You will not give up as easily, you will become more resilient to failures. You will understand that success will come as long as you continue on.